The best home-made Apple Pie recipe! Unleash your creativity by adding any flavor of Fruitivity Apple Chips to this classic, home-made, and simply delicious Apple-Pie. Treat yourself and your loved ones with this sweet dessert at any time of the year. Sweet and fruity for summer but warm and spiced for winter. Truly perfect for any occasion!
Makes: 8 servings Prep Time: 20 minutes Bake: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg white
- Additional sugar
- 1 cup of fruitivity apple chips
- In a small bowl, combine the sugars, flour and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add sugar mixture; toss to coat.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with apple mixture; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Beat egg white until foamy; brush over pastry. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
- Add fruitivity chips on top once finished! (Recommended flavor – tart or original)
Comment below what you think of this recipe and what fruitivity chip flavor you chose to top the dessert! Keep up with Fruitivity Snacks @fruitivity_snacks on Instagram and Facebook!